Do you ever wonder what the life of TX.er is like?
Well, with the start of a new school year comes a new staff of TX.ers. A total of about 40 newbies and veterans alike represent 16 different high schools throughout the Top of Utah and come together to make up the 2012-2013 TX staff.
The weekly section "written for teens by teens" starts the year off right with a little
Q & A letting you know the ins and outs of what and who we are.
-- Caitlynn Kindall, Ogden High
What is your dream job?
* "A costume designer, or Pixar artist or writer." -- Madison Ostberg, senior, Bonneville High
* "Sports Broadcaster for ESPN." -- Morgan Sewell, senior, Bonneville High
* "A corporate lawyer for a biomedical engineering corporation." -- Minna Wang, senior, NUAMES
If you had $1 million to give away, how would you do it?
* "I would want to do it randomly and anonymously, to the people that really needed it, kind of like 'Undercover Millionaire'." -- Meghan Jones, junior, Bonneville High
* "I would stick $1 in a million candy bars, kind of like 'Charlie and The Chocolate Factory'." -- Olivia Andrus, sophomore, Ogden High
How did you get started with TX.?
* "I decided I wanted to be on TX. when I accidentally saw it in the newspaper!" -- Taylor Deem, junior, Fremont High
* "I've always enjoyed writing, even at a young age. When I heard of TX. I wanted to do it." -- Morgan Pales, sophomore, Fremont High
* "I have always loved drawing. At art camp last year a friend told me about this job and I just knew I had to be a part of it." -- Celeste Francis, senior, NUAMES
What do you like/dislike about writing?
* "Writing allows me to recreate the world in my own terms." -- Angelica Previte, junior, Weber High
* "I like how I lose myself in writing; when I'm writing I can create a whole other world." -- Savannah Rice, sophomore, Weber High
* "I don't like when I get stuck at a roadblock in my writing!" -- Nathan Beeston, junior, Syracuse High
What advice would you give to someone starting out in high school?
* "Just be yourself. Don't worry about anything else and do anything that you think you might enjoy." -- Brynn Whaley, sophomore, Syracuse High
* "Be you. It sounds cliche, but find out who you are and be that instead of trying to be exactly like someone else." -- Jessica Heywood, senior, Morgan High
* "Stay calm and enjoy the moment." -- Katey Campbell, senior, Fremont High
What in your life is more important than money?
* "Money's pretty low on my list of priorities. Friends, family, stories, school and God are much more important in my life." -- Kalli Damschen, senior, Clearfield High
* "My family, my friends and my education." -- Krystal Ruiz, sophomore, Weber High
* "To me, a lot of things are more important than money. What is money? It's just paper." -- Sierra Bruggink, sophomore, Weber High
What is your favorite location or activity in the Top Of Utah?
* "Bear Lake, it's the next best thing after the ocean." -- Lily Valeika, junior, Layton High
* "I like going to 'The Venue' to see concerts." -- Katelynn Maes, junior, Layton High
Do you want to go into journalism as a career? Why or why not?
* "I'm not sure, I'm hoping this experience (TX.) will help me decide." -- Christal Rose Hazelton, senior, Clearfield High
* "Yes, it's always been my dream." -- Miranda Romero, senior, St. Joseph Catholic High
* "Yes, I'd like to always have the scoop about what is going on!" -- Sarah Stratford, junior, Davis High
What are you looking forward to about the upcoming school year?
* "Learning more about newspaper and being the yearbook editor at my school this year." -- Violet Taylor, junior, DaVinci Academy
* "The unknown." -- Sierra Lawrence, senior, Ogden High
* "Applying to colleges and getting started on my future." -- Danielle Collier, junior, Northridge High
* "My choir! We are going on tour to California!" -- Madison Beardall, junior, Morgan High
What three words best describe your personality?
* "Friendly, trustworthy, hard-working." -- Minna Wang, senior, NUAMES
* "Happy, caring, calm." -- Nathan Beeston, junior, Syracuse High
* "Excitable, vibrant, compassionate." -- Violet Taylor, junior, DaVinci Academy
* "Funky, hilarious, intense." -- Taylor Deem, junior, Fremont High
* "Quirky, imaginative, talkative." -- Kalli Damschen, senior, Clearfield High
* "Cheerful, steady, upbeat." -- Katey Campbell, senior, Fremont