WASHINGTON TERRACE -- The Lakers did something Tuesday that nobody else in Region 5 had accomplished this year.
Bonneville won a set from the four-time defending league champion Bobcats, but lost the match 25-12, 25-13, 23-25, 25-15.
"Defensively, Sky View is real strong," said Lakers coach Angie Williams. "They get every ball up and they have a couple of strong hitters.
"I was really excited to take a set off them," she said. "Our hitters put the ball away, our blocking became a factor in set 3 and our defense didn't let the ball hit the floor."
The Lakers' Kelly Roberts had 13 kills, six digs and three aces; Tavia Young had nine kills, 10 digs and one ace; Kalyn Sotomayor had two kills, five solo blocks, two block assists, seven digs and one ace; setter Elora Penrod had 15 assists, 11 digs, one kill and an ace; and setter Andy Hancock had nine assists and 10 digs for Bonneville (10-10 overall, 4-3 league).
"Overall, I wasn't happy with our performance," Williams said. "We needed to play the whole match like we played in set 3."
Sky View is 18-1, 7-0.
* mountain crest def. roy 25-14, 25-19, 25-9: At Roy, the Mustangs improved to 11-8, 5-2. The last-place Royals are 2-17, 0-7.
* Logan def. box elder 25-21, 17-25, 25-14, 27-25: At Logan, the Bees are 11-16, 2-5. The Grizzlies are 11-8, 3-4.
* morgan def. tooele 25-23, 25-16, 25-21: At Tooele, the Trojans clinched yet another league championship.
Cassidee Lish had 14 kills, 15 digs and two aces; McKenzie Schenk had 12 kills, one solo block and three digs; Katie Peterson had eight kills, 12 digs and two aces; freshman setter Jorry Randall had 26 assists and five digs; libero Amanda Porter had 15 digs and two aces; and Aspen Thomson had eight digs and one ace for two-time defending state 3-A champion Morgan (14-3, 11-0).
The Buffaloes are 5-7, 5-5.
* grantsville def. bear river 25-18, 12-25, 23-25, 25-20, 15-9: At Garland, the Bears' Caitlin Wiggins had seven kills, one solo block, eight digs, four aces and 10 service points; Stephany Peterson had eight kills, two solo blocks, one ace and nine service points; Alyssa Park had seven kills, two solo blocks and 18 digs; Samantha Getz had nine digs, three aces and 11 service points; Kelsee Hancock had one ace and 10 service points; setter Monica Olsen had 22 assists and seven digs; and libero Michelle Davis had eight digs for last-place Bear River (5-17, 2-9), which has been eliminated from 3-A tournament contention.
The Cowboys are 11-15, 5-5.
* stansbury def. ogden 25-18, 25-12, 25-19: At Stansbury Park, Chloe Oki had five kills, two digs and four service points; Madi Kramer had five kills, two digs and two service points; setter Clara Call had 14 assists, one kill, a dig and seven service points; libero Taelynn Abrego had six digs and five service points; and Kylee Loftus had one dig and five service points for Ogden (7-11, 2-8), which has been eliminated from state 3-A tournament contention.
The Stallions are 11-10, 8-2.
* st. joseph def. intermountain christian 25-17, 25-14, 25-9: At St. Joseph High, the Jayhawks clinched no less than a tie for their fifth consecutive regular-season title.
Britt Sederholm had 15 kills and seven digs; Daniele Shinaut had eight kills and five digs; Jessie Bischoff had six kills and six digs; Audra Thurston had five kills and two solo blocks; setter Emily Jackson had 18 assists, two digs and two aces; setter Bailey Pacheco had 10 assists and two digs; and libero Mady White had 14 digs and three aces for St. Joseph (16-1, 10-0).
* Layton christian def. Oakley 25-11, 25-21, 25-14: At Oakley, the Eagles are 13-7, 8-2.