Sprinklers help extinguish Ogden strip mall fire
Thursday , October 11, 2012 - 2:44 PM
Fire damage, due to an electrical issue, can be seen in the kitchen area of Beto's Mexican...
OGDEN — Two businesses were damaged in a fire this morning in a strip mall at 3585 S. Harrison Blvd.
The fire originated in Beto’s restaurant, which sustained approximately $20,000 in fire, smoke and water damage. The sprinkler system extinguished the majority of the fire, according to information from the Ogden Fire Department.
Smoke also affected Little Caesars Pizza, which is located next to Beto’s.
Firefighters and equipment from Ogden City, South Ogden and Weber Fire responded.
Three people were evacuated from Beto’s, but there were no injuries.
Fire officials said the sprinkler system played a big role in suppressing and controlling the fire, which occurred shortly after 7 a.m.STORY:201210110039Sprinklers help extinguish Ogden strip mall fire/Local/2012/10/11/Sprinklers-help-extinguish-Ogden-strip-mall-fire.html-1