Tremonton home a complete loss after fire

Oct 11 2012 - 9:56pm

TREMONTON -- A home in Tremonton was destroyed by fire Thursday.

The fire was reported around 11 a.m. at 120 S. 100 East, said Sgt. Todd Hunsaker of the Tremonton Police Department. The fire, which originated in the kitchen, sent smoke and flames outside of the house.

Hunsaker said it's believed the homeowner may have installed a wrong part in a stove on Wednesday, which caused the blaze. He said the fire isn't suspicious.

A man who owns the home and his adult son were outside of the home, heard a popping noise and then saw smoke, Hunsaker said.

The man and his son weren't injured.

The fire destroyed the kitchen and caused considerable smoke and water damage throughout the house. Hunsaker said the house is considered a complete loss.

More than 20 members of the Tremonton Fire Department responded.

They remained on the scene until about 1 p.m.

The Red Cross said in a news release that it sent a disaster team to Tremonton to help the victims of the fire.

In addition, the Red Cross responded to a duplex fire near 800 East and 3700 South in Salt Lake City on Thursday. It assisted six people in that fire with shelter, food, clothing.

From Around the Web

  +