OGDEN -- Firefighters responded to an explosive fire engulfing a motor home Saturday night and worked to save the business it was parked near.
The fire, reported just before 10 p.m., was outside AAA Top Shop, an upholstery business at 3041 Pennsylvania Ave. Flames singed the side of the building but mostly stayed outside. The motor home was a total loss.
"The purge valve on the passenger side sent a 30-foot flame," said James Coy, of Roy, who was first to report the fire.
"We could see smoke and flames from the top of the building," said his sister, Leslie Coy. The two were traveling with four other friends from north of the building when they discovered the blaze. The two said they saw propane tanks inside the motor home blow up.
"There were flames above the roof, probably 50 or 60 feet," James Coy said.
No further information was available late Saturday night or Sunday.