FARMINGTON -- Damage is estimated at $1,500 from a kitchen fire that is believed to have started in a faulty toaster.
Fire Chief Guido Smith said damage was confined to cabinets and part of a wall, but the potential was there for more serious damage because of the relative isolation of the home.
Smith said the house, at 115 Little Valley Road, is in an interface area on the mountainside above Farmington.
"We could have had serious potential for losing the house," he said. "It's in a secluded area with very limited water supply for fire suppression."
The department used one of its new water tenders, which carries 3,000 gallons of water, to help extinguish the fire.
No one was home when the fire started. A daughter of the occupants who stopped by to visit reported the fire.
Fire units from Kaysville and South Davis Metro also responded.