Regarding the "petitions to secede," President Reagan fired air traffic controllers for refusal to return to work as ordered. President Obama, by executive order should do the following to any person who signed a petition to secede from the union:
1. Revoke any and all federal security clearances.
2. Revoke federal job or contract, including jobs under federal contractor.
3. List their names on a suspected terrorist list and have the right to fly or work at any U.S. airport suspended.
5. Revoke any driver’s license beyond private automobile.
6. Revoke gun license.
7. If a signer is an elected official, he/she should be suspended from office for breaking his oath which requires upholding the Constitution of the United States. (For example, see required oaths of office for the state of Utah
8. If the person is in the military, a signer should be demoted to lowest rank and required to sign a loyalty oath before reinstatement of veterans benefits.
Reagan would do it in a heartbeat!
Margie V. Adams American Fork
Margie V. Adams