PERRY -- One of four boys seriously burned in a gasoline fire in Perry will undergo skin grafts next week to repair his injuries, his grandfather said Friday.
Blake Glover said his grandson, 7-year-old Tayton Windward, whom he described as the most severely injured of the boys, remains in critical condition at the University of Utah Hospital in Salt Lake City.
"It (his condition) probably won't change for three or four days," Glover said in a telephone interview Friday evening.
Following the skin grafts, the boy will likely stay in the hospital at least two more weeks, Glover said, adding that Windward has second-degree burns on his face and third-degree burns on his arms and hands.
Another boy burned in the fire remains in serious condition at University of Utah Hospital, while two others injured in the fire have been released from the medical facility. University of Utah Hospital officials declined to release the names of the other victims.
The ages of the injured boys range from 7 to 10.
The incident occurred around 2:30 p.m. Thursday on South Linda Way while five boys were walking home from Three Mile Creek Elementary School.
They saw plastic gas containers outside of a home, Perry police say, and one of the boys apparently used a lighter to start the fire.
The fifth boy's injuries were less severe, and he was treated locally.
None of the boys lived at the home where the fire occurred, neighbors said.
A website has been established to raise funds for Windward.