PERRY — Two of the five boys burned in a gasoline fire last week in Perry remained hospitalized Sunday.
One boy was listed in serious condition and the other was in fair condition at the University of Utah Hospital Burn Center, according to a news release from the medical facility. Two other boys have been treated at the hospital and released.
The ages of the injured boys range from 7 to 10.
The incident occurred around 2:30 p.m. Thursday on South Linda Way while the boys were walking home from Three Mile Creek Elementary School.
They saw plastic gas containers outside of a home, Perry police said, and one of the boys apparently used a lighter to start the fire.
A fifth boy’s injuries were less severe, and he was treated locally.