HOOPER -- A home in Hooper was destroyed by fire Sunday night.
The fire was reported around 9:30 p.m. at 6624 W. 2500 South, said Weber Fire District Deputy Chief Paul Sullivan.
He said when firefighters arrived, flames and smoke were coming from the attic. Firefighters made an initial entry, but had to pull back and went into a defensive firefighting mode.
Sullivan said it is suspected that a wood-burning stove may have caused the fire.
The family inside the home made it out safely, and there were no injuries.
Sullivan estimated damages to the home and its contents at about $100,000.
In addition to Weber firefighters, other agencies responding were Roy, Riverdale and North Davis fire departments.