SALT LAKE CITY — A strong first-half defensive effort gave the Box Elder Bees an impressive 20-point win at Olympus on Friday in girls basketball action.
The Bees built a 32-13 lead at the break and cleared the benches.
Megan Sutton and Lindsey Warner combined for 24 points to improve to 3-0 on the young season. Mitzi Munns added eight points as 11 players found the scoring column.
Alyssa Meredith led Olympus with nin points.
• LAYTON 57, WOODS CROSS 19: At Woods Cross, the Lancers won every quarter, limiting the host Wildcats to four second-half points.
Maddi Smith and Jaden Anderson each tallied a dozen points for Layton.
• CLEARFIELD 44, CARBON 41: At Clearfield, the Falcons trailed by six points heading into the fourth quarter, but a 16-7 run in the final frame capped the ircomeback win at home.
Jocelyn Jones paced the Falcons with 10 points as Kaitlyn Stratton added nine and Shay Moore chipped in seven.
• ROY 62, HIGHLAND 41: At Salt Lake City, Kaitlyn Hurley had a game-high 24 points and Jordynn Barrera added 17 more as the Royals led the Rams from start to finish, picking up their first win of the season.
Sydnee Bodily chipped in 11 points for Roy in the victory.
• GRANGER 52, NORTHRIDGE 21: At Layton, the rebuilding Knights struggled in the second and fourth quarters of the non-league battle.
Lile Havili led the Lancers with 24 points.
Sydnee Accord paced Northridge with eight points.
• BINGHAM 49, DAVIS 36: At Kaysville, the Bengals sprinted to a 32-8 lead, quickly putting away the Darts on their home floor.
Davis — led by Natalie Mecham’s nine points — went on a 20-11 run in the third quarter, but it was too little, too late for the Darts, as they managed just eight more points in the fourth quarter.
Caitlyn Gibson added seven points for Davis in the loss.