OGDEN -- While Ben Lomond continues to search for its first win of the girls basketball season, the Layton Christian Eagles are soaring to new heights.
LCA topped Ben Lomond on Friday night, holding off the Scots for a 52-39 victory.
Down 41-24 after three quarters, Ben Lomond made a late run that was too little, too late. Alissa Atisme scoted 16 points to lead LCA, now 3-2 on the season. Teneisha Davison had 13 points and Brittany Griffith and Daydria Walker each scored eight points.
Lisandra Ruiz paced host Ben Lomond with 11 points, while Sydney Bucher and Alexis Harris each scored eight points.
* BONNEVILLE 81, NORTHRIDGE 40: At Washington Terrace, the Lakers stole a win in the opening round of the Harry Burchell Classic.
Thanks to 27 steals, Bonneville scored a season high in points and cruised past the visiting Knights.
Bonneville will meet Fremont in the Burchell Classic championship at 3 p.m. today.
Kayla Eilertson led the Lakers with 23 points, Emilie Volk added 15 points and Lexie Stratford added a dozen points. Cortney Porter scored 11 points, dished nine assists and led the steals effort with five.
Sydnee Accord scored 15 points, and Cassidy Reese added 11 points for the Knights. Northridge went 16 of 22 from the line.
* FREMONT 58, BEAR RIVER 31: At Washington Terrace, Shelby Molen scored 13 and Tanesha Daniels scored 12 points as the Wolves built a 34-14 halftime edge to win on the road.
Jordan Theurer led the Bears with 16 points.
* ROY 68, WOODS CROSS 27: At Woods Cross, Kaitlyn Hurley tallied 18 points and the Royals scored 38 first-half points to blow the Wildcats away.
Jaden Whaley and Jordynn Barrera added 10 points apiece, whil Aubrey Porter scored nine for Roy.
* WEBER 49, TAYLORSVILLE 37: At Taylorsville, visiting Weber bounced back from its first defeat with a strong overall effort to win by a dozen.
It helped that Erin Reichle and Kandice Jensen combined for eight 3-pointers. Reichle scored 23 points, draining five treys. Jensen added 17 points.
* MORGAN 58, SALEM HILLS 45: At Salem Hills, the Trojans trailed at the break but finished strong.
McKenzie Schenk made seven free throws in the fourth quarter as Morgan went 21 of 29.
Schenck scored 18, Breanna Hurlbut added 14 and Shaylie Duncan scored 10 for the Trojans.
* ST. JOSEPN 55, TINTIC 27: At Tintic, the Jayhawks opened the game on a 19-0 run and led 33-5 at the halftime break.
Katie Panushka had 11 points and nine steals, and Jess Bischoff and Liz Tomon added 10 points apiece for St. Joseph.