Editor's note: TX. reporter Rachel Badali offers a periodic look at some of the knowledge she's discovered.
* * *
Some Things I Learned From Santa Claus:
* Red is a power color.
* Have a great team backing you up.
* Volunteer work can be very fulfilling.
* The joy of Christmas is always in your heart.
* Keep your cheeks rosy and keep a twinkle in your eye.
* America has an obesity problem; I wish Santa would set a better example.
* Buddy the Elf is a good guy.
* Whispering your dreams to someone you trust can help you achieve them.
* If you want people to believe in you, sometimes you have to give them a reason.
* Keep track of who is naughty and who is nice.
* You better not pout. Pouting shouldn't get you want you want.
* Laugh like you mean it from the bottom of your heart.
* Love your job.
* Make lists and check them twice.
* Listen to what others have to say and hear their wishes.
* Spread joy.
* It can be important to remember that some people ask for Xbox while others ask for a warm coat. Know the difference between your needs and wants.
Rachel Badali is a senior in Electronic High School. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.