Fire at Lehi Costco causes $2M damage

Jan 3 2013 - 9:42am

LEHI -- A small fire that possibly started from a malfunctioning heater has temporarily closed a Lehi Costco store and caused an estimated $2 million in damage.

The Daily Herald reports that water and smoke caused most of the damage in the Tuesday night fire, which started while nobody was in the store because it was a holiday.

Firefighters from Provo and Lehi say they brought fans and opened ceiling vents, but weren't able to save some of the merchandise.

Rick Howard of the Lehi Fire Department pointed out the store wouldn't be able to sell stinky clothes and stinky fruit.

Costco manager C.D. Fackrell says he hopes the store will reopen by Friday.

From Around the Web

  +