Unattended heat gun causes Smithfield trailer fire
Friday , January 04, 2013 - 9:28 AM
SMITHFIELD — A Cache County home has been destroyed after authorities say a man living there left a high-temperature heat gun unattended.
Firefighters say they responded to a trailer near the Forrester Acres park a little before 11 a.m. Thursday.
Smithfield Fire Chief Jay Downs tells the Herald Journal he believes some items inside were salvageable, but the trailer itself was a total loss. Downs says it’s valued at $30,000.
Officials say the man had been using the heat gun to thaw some frozen pipes when he left to help a neighbor.
Nobody was injured in the fire.STORY:201301040040Unattended heat gun causes Smithfield trailer fire/Local/2013/01/04/Unattended-heat-gun-causes-Smithfield-trailer-fire.html-1