Gas leak causes Roy evacuation

Jan 13 2013 - 11:02pm

Images

ROY -- Residents in three Roy homes were evacuated for just more than an hour Sunday night while a gas leak was fixed.Roy Fire Chief Jason Poulsen said residents at 2791 W. 5450 South smelled gas about 8 p.m. Sunday.

He said Questar officials were worried about the gas not being able to evaporate because of the extreme cold. They determined the homes on either side should be evacuated, he said.

The leak was fixed about 9:20 p.m. and homeowners were being told they could return to their homes.

From Around the Web

  +