FARMINGTON -- Councilman John Bilton has been appointed to serve as mayor pro tem on the newly reorganized city council.
The council approved Bilton's appointment by a unanimous vote on Tuesday. This is the second straight year he has been appointed to fill the post.
That appointment was just one of many approved during the council's first meeting of the year.
Other appointments included:
* Jim Young and Jim Talbot to serve on the personnel/problems resolution committee.
* Mayor Scott Harbertson and Bilton to serve as liaisons for special events.
* Three councilmen -- Talbot, Ritz and Bilton --will serve on the development review committee.
* Talbot and Young will serve as liaisons to the historic preservation committee.
* Cindy Roybal will serve as youth city council director.
* Roybal and Ritz will serve as liaisons to the city's trails committee.
* Roybal will represent the city with the Davis Chamber of Commerce.
* Young will represent the city to the Utah League of Cities and Towns.
* Ritz will represent the city on the Davis County Mosquito Abatement Board.
* The mayor will represent the city on the Wasatch Integrated Waste Board.