CLEARFIELD — The Bountiful High boys basketball team sits atop the Region 6 standings at 6-0, while Clearfield is near the bottom of the table.
But with a quarter to play in Friday night’s game, the Falcons had the Braves’ full attention.
Clearfield trailed 36-34 after three peridods but had the crowd behind it in a quest to move up the standings.
But the Braves took care of business, including shooting 19 of 20 at the foul line to secure a 58-48 win.
Four players, led by Zach Selijaas with 16 points, scored in double digits for Bountiful in its win.
Clearfield’s Marquis Jones led all scorers with 21 points, with Kyler Moore added 13 points on three 3-pointers. Jordan Nuffer checked in with seven boards for the Falcons, who were 13 of 15 at the foul line.
In another Region 6 game, Woods Cross edged East 60-52.
• WEBER 71, FREMONT 57: At Plain City, the Warriors blew open a two-point game in the fourth quarter, doubling up the Silver Wolves 24-12 in the final frame for the road victory.
Hayden Schenck poured in a 28 points and Mason Miles added 16 points with four 3-pointers for Weber in the win.
Justin Shaw knocked down a trio of 3s and finished with a team-high 15 points for Fremont.
• ROY 60, BOX ELDER 52: At Brigham City, the Royals defense clamped down in the final quarter to earn a solid league win away from home.
Roy outscored the Bees 13-4 in the final period.
Brekkott Chapman scorched the nets for 29 points, while Jesse Waymend added 13 and David Hadley tallied nine.
Shad Watson led the Bees with 21 points, while Isaac Malone added a dozen and Jeff Sever added 10 points.
• SKY VIEW 60, BONNEVILLE 38: At Smithfield, the Bobcats went on a 23-8 run down the stretch to seal a rout over the Lakers.
Sky View’s Jalen Moore led all scorers with 23 points.
Mason Rich paced Bonneville with 12 points as Dakota Buckway added nine in the loss.
In the other Region game, Mountain Crest defeated Logan 58-55.
• BEN LOMOND 44, GRANTSVILLE 27: At Ogden, the Scots controlled the pace and the game to stay in second in the Region 11 standings.
Sage Eastburn tallied 14 points, while Corbin Medina added 11. Ben Lomond built a 25-9 lead at halftime to dominate from start to finish. Josh Hardin and Sterling Brandley combined for 15 more for the Scots.
• OGDEN 62, TOOELE (OT): At Ogden, the Tigers earned the overtime win with a strong effort at the foul line.
Down by 10 after the first period, Ogden stormed back into the game, using a balanced offensive attack. The Tigers were 17 of 24 at the foul line.
Spencer Smith scored 24 points, while Dayton Wright added 13. McKay Smith added 11 points and Larry Rodriguez notched eight for the host Tigers.
• MORGAN 82, BEAR RIVER 81: At Morgan, a pair of high-scoring Region 11 teams battled to the final buzzer with the Trojans hanging on for the win.
Jake Miles tallied 29 points and dished out six assists. Bridger Stredbeck added 16 points, with a pair of late free throws to put the game out of reach. Cameron Skinner added 13 points, while Matt Murdock added 11. The Trojans went 22 of 25 at the foul line.
Wade Miller ripped the nets for 38 points, while Austin Miller added 11 and Nick Hillis added 10.
• LAYTON CHRISTIAN 109, OAKLEY 17: At Layton, the Eagles dominated the game, with nine players scoring 8-12 points in the contest. Ricardo Gomez led the way with 12 points.
LCA is now on an eight-game winning streak as league play winds down.
• ST. JOSEPH 73, INTERMOUNTAIN CHRISTIAN 46: At Ogden, the Jayhawks turned on the jets in the second half to secure a key league win.
Nick Gruet scored 16 points, Zach Johnstun added 15 points, 11 boards and four blocked shots and the Jayhawks outscored the visiting team 36-17 after halftime. David Donlevy added nine points, six assists and three steals, while Sebastian Pomeroy chipped in with five points and seven rebounds. Jordan Jones tallied eight points and six assists.
Two ICs players finished with 14 apiece.