NEWARK, N.J. -- Ryan Woods had 14 points and seven rebounds to lead New Jersey Institute of Technology past Utah Valley 63-55 Saturday in a Great West Conference game.
P.J. Miller scored 13 points and Chris Flores added 12 points and seven assists to help NJIT (14-11, 5-1) sweep Utah Valley (12-14, 2-4) and win its third straight game.
Trailing 37-24 at halftime, Utah Valley got within four points in the second half, 50-46, on Jason Johnson's layup with 6:37 remaining.
NJIT then went on a 13-6 run to put the game away, capped by back-to-back 3-pointers from Flores and Woods to push the Highlanders' lead to 63-52 with 2:08 left to play. The Wolverines did not score another field goal the rest of the way.
NJIT went 7 of 20 from behind the arc while Utah Valley missed all nine of its attempts.
Johnson led the Wolverines with 16 points.
* EASTERN WASHINGTON 86, SOUTHERN UTAH 72: At Cedar City, Collin Chiverton scored 18 points and Parker Kelly had 15 as Eastern Washington defeated Southern Utah.
Martin Seiferth added 13 points, 10 rebounds and four blocks for the Eagles (8-17, 6-9 Big Sky), who shot 54 percent from the field.
Jackson Stevenett led Southern Utah (10-15, 8-8) with 26 points and eight rebounds. AJ Hess hit 5 of 10 3-point attempts and finished with 24 points. Those two combined to hit 12 of 25 shots from the field, while the rest of their Thunderbirds teammates shot 23 percent (9 for 39).
* NORTHERN ARIZONA 74, NORTH DAKOTA 72 (OT): At Grand Forks, N.D., Blake Hamilton scored five of Northern Arizona's 11 points in overtime, leading the Lumberjacks over North Dakota.
DeWayne Russell, who scored 21 points, got the Lumberjacks (10-16, 7-9 Big Sky) into the extra session with a game-tying layup with 11 seconds left in regulation. In overtime, Hamilton made a jumper and three free throws, the last of which gave NAU the lead for good, 70-69.
Aaron Anderson scored 24 points and made three overtime 3-pointers for the Green and White (11-14, 8-8), the last of which made it 73-72 with 4 seconds left. NAU's Gabe Rogers, who scored 24 points, was fouled and made a free throw, and North Dakota couldn't get off another shot.
The game was Northern Arizona's first-ever trip to Grand Forks and only the second meeting between the programs. North Dakota won 81-79 in Flagstaff, Ariz., on Jan. 26.
* MONTANA 61, IDAHO STATE 54: At Pocatello, Idaho, Mathias Ward scored 12 points and Montana got back on the winning track with a victory over Idaho State.
Will Cherry, Kareem Jamar and Mike Weisner added 10 points apiece for the Grizzlies (19-5, 15-1 Big Sky), who were coming off a loss at Weber State on Thursday that snapped their record 25-game Big Sky winning streak.
Melvin Morgan scored 14 points and Chris Hansen had 12 for Idaho State (5-20, 4-12).
* NORTHERN COLORADO 78, SACRAMENTO STATE 64: At Greeley, Colo., Derrick Barden scored 21 points and pulled down 14 rebounds Saturday night to lead Northern Colorado to its third straight victory.
Tate Unruh added 20 points and Tim Huskisson had 15 for the Bears (9-15, 7-9 Big Sky), who shot 52 percent from the field and committed just seven turnovers.
Cody Demps had 13 points, and Konner Veteto chipped in 12 points and eight rebounds, for the Hornets (12-12, 7-9 Big Sky).
* UTSA 73, TEXAS STATE 62: At San Marcos, Texas, Kannon Burrage scored 15 points to lead a balanced UTSA offense and the Roadrunners held on to beat Texas State, snapping a six-game losing streak.
Michael Hale and Jeromie Hill scored 13 apiece, Jordan Sims scored 12 and Edrico McGregor finished with 10 points for UTSA (6-18, 2-12 WAC), which had first-half runs of 14-1 and 14-0 on the way to a 46-20 halftime lead.
Matt Staff led Texas State (7-19, 3-11) with 18 points and 13 rebounds. Phil Hawkins and Joel Wright scored 13 each for the Bobcats, who have lost five in a row. They came no closer than eight points to the Roadrunners in the second half.
The Bobcats won the earlier meeting 81-78 in overtime on Jan. 19 in San Antonio.
* LOUISIANA TECH 67, IDAHO 61: At Moscow, Idaho, Raheem Appleby scored 28 points and made seven 3-pointers to lead Louisiana Tech over Idaho 67-61 on Saturday night.
Kenyon McNeail added 11 points and Kenneth Smith seven points and 10 assists for the Bulldogs (23-3, 14-0 Western Athletic), who overcame a nine-point second-half deficit to win their 15th straight game.
Kyle Barone had 19 points and Stephen Madison 13 for the Vandals (9-16, 5-10).
Mansa Habeeb had 10 points and Mike McChristian nine points and 10 rebounds for Idaho.
* TEXAS-ARLINGTON 65, SEATTLE 63: At Seattle, Brandon Edwards scored 12 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and Texas-Arlington held off Seattle.
Texas-Arlington (14-9, 9-5 WAC) took a quick 10-4 lead out of the gates but Seattle responded with a 24-9 run capped off by Chad Rasmussen's jumper to give the Redhawks a 28-19 lead with 3:09 left in the first half. Jarell Flora scored 18 points on 7-of-9 shooting to lead Seattle (7-18, 2-13).