NORTH SALT LAKE -- Materials that fell on a halogen lamp are believed to have sparked a two-alarm blaze that caused fire damage to a building occupied by a charitable foundation, and smoke damage to four other businesses Wednesday night in North Salt Lake.
The fire was reported around 8:50 p.m. at a commercial building at 645 N. Taylor Way, said South Davis Metro Fire Agency Chief Jim Rampton. The building is occupied by five businesses.
Damage from the fire is estimated around $100,000.
When firefighters arrived, Rampton said, they were met with heavy black smoke and flames shooting out of the front door of one of the businesses. The business that suffered the most damage is the Charity Anywhere Foundation. The names of the other businesses were not available.
The fire was inside the front door of the building in a storage area and was knocked down quickly. None of the businesses were occupied, and there were no injuries.
Thirty-six firefighters from the South Davis Metro Fire Agency, along with the Farmington and Salt Lake City fire departments, responded.