LOGAN -- Authorities say a fire at a Utah State University lab sparked when a combustible material was placed too close to heater being used for a science experiment.
Logan fire officials say they were called to the new College of Agriculture building about 8 p.m. Tuesday.
They say they found smoke coming from a lab in the basement of the building, but say a fire sprinkler helped keep the flames within a single room.
No students or instructors were in the lab when firefighters responded. No injuries reported.
Crews say there was limited fire damage, but a significant amount of water damage.
They estimated the damage to be $25,000.