Good Ogden Samaritans report house fire
Thursday , February 28, 2013 - 12:03 AM
Fire Fighters respond to a house fire at the corner of Pingree and 2nd street in Ogden on Wednesday....
OGDEN — Firefighters on Wednesday were quick to respond to a small house fire at 149 2nd St. The male occupant of the house received medical treatment in an ambulance at the scene.The extent of his injuries was not known, said Ogden Fire Department Battalion Chief Steve Splinter.
The man was seen walking to and from the ambulance.
Splinter did not know the cause of the blaze but said there was fire and smoke damage to furniture and carpeting in the house. He estimated damage at $7,000.
Shari Hoover said she and her husband, Ken Hoover, were driving nearby and saw smoke around 5:20 p.m. They then saw the man come out of the house with smoke billowing behind him, causing them to pull over to check on the man and call 911.
Ken Hoover said he asked the man if anyone else was in the house, and the man said there wasn’t, though he seemed disoriented. A neighbor confirmed to Hoover that the man was the house’s only occupant.
“I was going to go in, get down in there,” Ken Hoover said. “But he said no one else was there.”STORY:201302280037Good Ogden Samaritans report house fire/Local/2013/02/28/Good-Ogden-Samaritans-report-house-fire.html-1