Ogden homes evacuated after gas leak
Tuesday , March 05, 2013 - 3:30 PM
OGDEN- Three homes were evacuated following natural gas line break Tuesday morning near the intersection of Laurel Drive and Taylor Avenue.
Just before 9 a.m., construction workers accidentially severed a 2-inch line forcing the evacuation, said Ogden Fire Battalion Chief Corey Barton.
No one was injured and the line was shut down while a Questar Gas crew made repairs.
Because of the size of the line, residents reported the odor of natural gas three blocks away along 27th Street, said Barton.
Evacuated residents were allowed to retrun to their homes around 10:30 a.m.STORY:201303050009Ogden homes evacuated after gas leak/Local/2013/03/05/Ogden-homes-evacuated-after-gas-leak.html-1