OGDEN -- An unattended candle caused a small fire around 4:40 p.m. Thursday at the Heritage House apartments at 300 E. 5000 South. (See photos at
Washington Terrace Fire Chief Kasey Bush said crews responded within four minutes and were able to quickly extinguish the flames.
The apartment's tenants, Bush said, had left a candle burning on a table, which caught fire before spreading to a wall. The fire destroyed the table and caused minor flame and smoke damage to the apartment. Crews put out the fire before it spread to other apartments.