Holy Week services
Tuesday , March 26, 2013 - 1:58 AM
Ascension Lutheran Church, 1105 Washington Blvd., Harrisville
• Palm Sunday: Bishop of the Rocky Mountain Synod, James Gonia, will preside at the Sunday morning service. He will also baptize Elias Matthew, infant son of Pastor Matt and Yvette Muters. A reception will follow the 9:30 a.m. service.
• Maundy Thursday: 7 p.m. service
• Good Friday: 7 p.m. service
• Saturday, March 30: 7 p.m., Easter Vigil service
• Easter Sunday: 9:30 a.m. service, followed by Easter brunch
Community Presbyterian Church, 311 S. 100 East, Brigham City
• Palm Sunday: 10:30 a.m. worship in the sanctuary. The Rev. Laura Stellmon will deliver the sermon. Service followed by fellowship next door in Gillespie Hall.
• Wednesday: Community is invited to participate in “Journey to the Cross” beginning at 6 p.m. in the sanctuary. Small groups will “travel” through the final week in the life of Jesus Christ.
• Maundy Thursday: 7 p.m. tenebrae service. This is a quiet and thoughtful service of Scripture, hymns and prayer.
• Easter Sunday: Begins at 10 a.m. with a mini-concert by the Memorial Hand Bell Choir, preceding a joyous resurrection service at 10:30 a.m. A special time of fellowship will follow in Gillespie Hall.
Congregational United Church of Christ, 3350 Harrison Blvd., Ogden
• From Palms to Passion, Sunday, 11 a.m.
Information: 801-392-5012; www.ogdenucc.org
Cornerstone Bible Church, 1448 N. 2000 West, No.9, Clinton
• Friday: 7 p.m.
• Easter Sunday: 10 a.m.
Information: www.cornerstoneofclinton.com; 801-745-7110
Elim Lutheran Church, 575 23rd St., Ogden
• Palm Sunday: 10 a.m. service begins with procession led by the Processional Cross and the Bible. Members will carry palm leaves and branches. In place of the sermon, the congregation will become the cast of a readers’ theater play based on the Passion according to Luke.
• Maundy Thursday: Begins at 7 p.m. Holy Communion; prayer and candle-lighting; service will conclude in silence as members of the Altar Guild strip the altar, pulpit, and nave of the church of all the purple Lenten paraments and other decorations and drape the processional cross in black.
• Good Friday: Services of “The Way of the Cross” at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
• Easter Sunday: Begins at 10 a.m. A triumphal procession will begin the service, preceded by a reading of the Easter proclamation. During Holy Communion, special music will be presented by Rick Widner and Vince Gutierrez. An Easter breakfast of egg bakes, homemade muffins, fruit, fruit breads, coffee, tea, milk and juice will be available, with a suggested donation of $8 for adults and $5 for children ages 4 through 12, with a maximum donation per family of $25. Younger children and those who cannot afford a donation will be served free.
Information: Email to email@example.com or call 801-394-5543.
Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, 2374 Grant Ave., Ogden
• Palm Sunday: 8 a.m. Holy Eucharist, Rite I; 10:30 a.m., Holy Eucharist, Rite II; 12:30 p.m., La Santa Eucaristia (en Espanol)
• Holy Week: Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., The Easter Experience
• Maundy Thursday: 7 p.m., combined service with El Buen Pastor of Holy Eucharist, with Washing of Feet, followed by Stripping of the Altar and creation of the garden of Gethsemane on the Altar (bring a flower with you)
• Good Friday: Noon, service with meditations; 1 p.m.-3 p.m., church open for personal prayer and meditation; 7 p.m., combined service with El Buen Pastor
• Holy Saturday: 7:30 p.m., The Vigil and First Eucharist of Easter
• Easter Sunday: 8 a.m., Holy Eucharist with Hymns (Rite I); 10:30 a.m., Festival Choral Eucharist (Rite II) with Baptism; 12:30 p.m., La Santa Eucaristia (en Espanol)
Information: 801-392-8168; www.goodshepherdogden.org
Episcopal Church of the Resurrection, 1131 S. Main St., Centerville
• Palm Sunday: 10 a.m. Eucharist with Blessing of the Palms and Reading of the Passion
• Maundy Thursday: 7 p.m., Eucharist with foot washing, stripping of the Altar
• Thursday-Friday: 8:30 p.m.-10 a.m., Vigil at the Altar of Repose
• Good Friday: Noon and 7 p.m. Liturgy
• Saturday, March 30: The Great Vigil of Easter, 7 p.m.
• Easter Sunday: 10 a.m. Eucharist
Information: www.ecor.org or 801-295-1360
FBC/NBCC Together in Faith, Ogden First Baptist Church, 2519 Jefferson Ave.
• Good Friday: 7 p.m., special worship service. Information: 801-621-1761 or email Pastor Karl at firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to http://ogdenfbc.org
First United Methodist Church, 1339 W. 400 North, Marriott-Slaterville
• Palm Sunday: 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Worship
• Good Friday: 7 p.m. Worship
• Easter Sunday: 8 a.m. SONrise Service; 10 a.m. Celebration Service; and 6 p.m. Evening Worship
Glory to God Old Catholic Church, 375 Harrison Blvd., Ogden
• Holy Thursday: Noon, Chrism Mass; 6 p.m. Maundy Thursday Mass
• Good Friday: Noon and 6 p.m., Stations and veneration of the Cross
• Holy Saturday: 6 p.m., Easter Vigil Mass
• Resurrection Sunday: 10 a.m. Easter High Mass; Easter egg hunt and potluck dinner following Mass
Information: 801-394-0204 or 801-332-9657
Grace Bible Ministries, 903 N. Washington, Ogden
• Sunday school, 10 a.m.-10:45 a.m.; Sunday service, 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.; Midweek Bible Study/Prayer, Thursday 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
• Easter Sunday: 7 a.m.-8 a.m., Sunrise Service; 8 a.m.-10 a.m., fellowship breakfast; regular service times following breakfast.
Harbor Christian Church, 800 Washington Blvd., Ogden.
• Easter Sunday: 7 a.m. sunrise service, outside the church in the back garden area. Following the service, a light continental breakfast will be served. No Sunday School will be held. In lieu of traditional services, an Easter program performed by the children will begin at 11 a.m. All are welcome.
Iglesia Nuevas Alturas (Spanish-speaking), 1720 Washington Blvd., Ogden
• Easter Sunday: 11 a.m.
Information: 801-409-9646; iglesianuevasalturas.org
Light of the Valley Lutheran Church, 1074 N. Fairfield Road, Layton
•Palm Sunday: 10:30 a.m.
•Maundy Thursday: 7 pm
•Good Friday: 7 pm
•Easter breakfast: 8:30 a.m.
Easter Festival Service: 10:30 a.m
Mountain View Baptist Church, 2585 E. 3000 North (Highway 193), Layton
Church Choir and Drama Ministry present Easter musical, “In the Presence of Jehovah”
• Saturday: 6 p.m.
• Easter Sunday: 10:30 a.m.
Our Saviors Lutheran Church, 5560 S. 2300 West, Roy
• Palm Sunday: 10:20 a.m.
• Maundy Thursday: 7 p.m.
• Good Friday Children Service: 4 p.m.-6 p.m., Dinner at 6 p.m.
• Good Friday service: 7 p.m.
• Easter Sunday: 8:20 a.m. Traditional service; Easter breakfast between services provided by Men’s Group
Eastery Sunday: 11 a.m. Contemporary service
Information: 801-825-6552; www.oslcroy.com
St. James the Just Catholic Church, 495 N. Harrison Blvd., Ogden
• Palm Sunday: Masses at 8 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.; live Stations of the Cross at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. in the Multipurpose Center
• Holy Week: Confession, 3 p.m.-5 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and 7 p.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday. Good Friday, confession noon-3 p.m.
• Wednesday: 6:30 p.m., Seder Supper, Multipurpose Center, potluck
• Holy Thursday: 7 p.m. Mass
• Good Friday: 3 p.m. Solemn Stations of the Cross; 7 p.m. Liturgy of the Lord’s Suffering and Death
• Holy Saturday, March 30: 8:30 p.m. Easter Vigil Mass
• Easter Sunday, Masses at 8 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and 1 1:30 a.m. No evening Mass.
St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 589 S. 200 East, Brigham City
• Wednesday: Noon, Stations of the Cross, conducted by Deacon Deanna Sue Adams.
• Maundy Thursday: 5 p.m. service with foot washing.
• Good Friday: Noon service.
• March 30: The Great Easter Vigil will be held for both St. Michael’s and St. Peter’s Clearfield at St. Peters at 7:30 PM.
• Easter Sunday: 11:30 a.m., service at St. Michael’s, celebrated by the Rev. Claudia Seiter, Deacon Adams and lay ministers. A pot luck lunch and Easter egg hunt for children will follow the service. There will not be an Adult Forum on Easter.
St. Paul Lutheran Church, 3329 Harrison Blvd., Ogden
• Palm Sunday: 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.
• Maundy Thursday: 7 p.m.
• Good Friday: 7 p.m.
• Easter Sunday: 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.
Second Baptist Church, 227 27th St., Ogden
• Palm Sunday: Annual Easter Program “Celebrating Jesus” at 6 p.m. Free program will offer a skit as well as a variety of praise dances, poems, music and Scriptures read by some of the children. Everyone is welcome.
• Good Friday: 6:45 p.m., Seven Last Utterances of Christ.
Washington Heights Church, 1770 E. 6200 South, South Ogden
Easter Sunday services: 9 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:45 a.m., 7 p.m.
Information: 801-479-7030; washingtonheights.org
Westminster Church, 796 S. Mountain Road, Fruit Heights
• Good Friday: 7 p.m., Stations of the Cross.
• Easter Sunday: 9 a.m., celebrate Christ’s resurrection.
Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1070 S. Foothill Drive, Salt Lake City
• Palm Sunday: Services at 8:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
• Maundy Thursday: 7 p.m. service
• Good Friday: Services at noon and 7 p.m.
• Easter Sunday: Services at 8:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
Information: 801-582-2321STORY:201303240011Holy Week services/frontpage/2013/03/24/Holy-Week-services.html-1