SYRACUSE -- A solid start melted away for the Syracuse Titans, who fell to the Davis Darts 3-2 in Region 1 boys soccer action.
Syracuse got an early goal from Romney Harker. But the tide turned a bit for Davis, which got a tying goal from Mitch Parkinson.
Davis got two goals in quick succession after the break, one on a Syracuse own goal. Then Levi Brandley, who assisted on Harker's goal, delivered a PK to tighten the match.
Still, both defenses dominated the final minutes. Syracuse was led by Trevor Bingham along the back line.
* BEAR RIVER 6, MORGAN 3: At Morgan, Tanner Porter scored three goals to lead the Bears to a high-scoring road win.
Lane Bittner added two goals, while Bryan Gomez also score. Bear River had five second-half scores.
Jakob Freestone scored a pair for Morgan. Camen Gray had the other score.
* LAYTON CHRISTIAN 5, WEST RIDGE 0: At Layton, Jack Chandler posted the hat trick, and Chris Gemlich and Duong Yu also scored in the home rout for the Eagles.
Andy Correll and Hakan Kalayc posted assists, while Berke Kalemoglu earned the shutout for LCA.
In Region 6 action, Bountiful topped Highland 2-2 in 2OT, Cyprus edged Woods Cross 2-1, ad East defeated Clearfield 3-2.
* BOUNTIFUL 6, CLEARFIELD 3: At Bountiful, the Braves scored all their runs in the last two at-bats to rally past Clearfield. Ryan Curtis had a two RBI hit in the sixth inning to help Ricky Medrano pick up the win.
Logan Neerings took the loss on the mound, but did hit a solo home run for the Falcons.
In another league game, Woods Cross toppled Highland 10-0.
* BEAR RIVER 3, MORGAN 0: At Morgan, the host Trojans managed just two hits and fell at home.
In another region game, Tooele edged Ogden 3-2.
* FREMONT, 8, LOGAN 5: At Logan, the Silver Wolves picked up their ninth win with solid defense and 13 hits.
Todd Bell had a pair of doubles, and Garrett Gallegos and Josh Payne each had three hits and three RBIs for Fremont.
Levi Musselman shut down the Grizzlies in the final two innings in relief of Brody Rich, who picked up the win on th mound.
In other non-league games, Viewmont topped Copper Hills 4-1, Syracuse nipped Riverton 1-0 and Brighton beat up on Northridge 24-7.
* viewmont 10, syracuse 8: At Bountiful Junior High, the Titans and Vikings -- former Region 1 foes -- went back-and-forth with Viewmont scoring four sixth-inning runs.
The Titans' Tanner Harvey went 3-for-4 with a double, a solo home run and scored three runs.
Courtney Starks was 2-for-3 with a three-run bomb -- she was also hit by a pitch -- five RBIs and a run, and Brittany Vasquez went 2-for-3 with two runs for Syracuse (2-6).
* Copper Hills 6, davis 0: At Kaysville, the state 5-A runner-up Grizzlies blanked the Darts.
Copper Hills scored five seventh-inning runs.
Davis, which had only three hits, is 4-2.
* Bountiful 10, Clearfield 4: At Bountiful's Millcreek Junior High, the Braves rallied from a 2-0 first-inning deficit with a seven-run second.
Karley Williams drilled a double and Lexi Andersen smacked a home run for the Falcons (2-5, 1-2).
* OGDEN 13, LOGAN 11: At Ogden, the Tigers won the slugfest when Chez Garcia rapped a triple that brought in the final two runs.
Garcia, who also picked up the win on the mound in relief of Gina Barnes, had three hits and three RBIs on the game.
Adalena Duran and Katelyn Shaw each homered and had two hits and two RBIs for Ogden (6-3).
Nicki Thompson had two doubles and scored four times, while Kayla Garner tripled and added two RBIs.