LAYTON -- Tyler Hall knocked down the Knights on 60 pitches on Wednesday, as the Davis and Northridge baseball teams got in their Region 1 opener in the books.
Davis won 14-0 as the Knights are still looking for their first win of the season.
Hall held the Northridge lineup in check, tossing a 60-pitch, three-hitter over five innings. He had 11 strikeouts.
Gage Cook had a pair of doubles and went 3 for 4 on the day. Jackson Peacock had a pair of hits and had three RBIs as did Cook. Conner Blaisdell added a triple dof Davis.
Brandon Peterson took the loss on the mound. The Knights' Gavin Campbell had a double in the losing cause.
* Layton 2, Syracuse 1: At Syracuse, the Lancers scored twice in the first inning, then held on for the win.
Logan Greenhalgh got the win. Jason Jourdan took the loss.
Parker Kincade doubled for Layton.
* Roy 6, Bonneville 0: At Washington Terrace, the Royals rolled to a shutout victory on the strength of a three-run first inning.
Roy added three more in the top of the fifth.
Braxton Patton picked up the win. He also added a double at the plate. So did teammate Ryder Valesquez.
Will Heward took the loss.
* Logan 13, Box Elder 12: At Brigham City, Logan won a slugfest thanks to Chase Nelsen's walk-off two-run homer.
* ST. JOSEPH 7, SOUTH SUMMIT 1: At Kamas, the Jayhawks burst through for a bunch of early goals to put the gam away.
David Donlevy scored two goals with three assists, while Adam Brodstein also had a pair of goals.
Takuya Ishakawa and Caden Jones also scored, as did defender Kenan Richards, who got hits first goal as a senior.
* TOOELE 4, MORGAN 2: At Tooele, Jakob Freestone and Camen Gray each booted goals for the Trojans in a losing effort.