Wednesday , May 01, 2013 - 12:25 AM
KAYSVILLE — Look out for the Lancers.
Layton High continued its march to the top of the Region 1 baseball standings, posting a convincing 2-0 road victory over Davis on Tuesday.
Layton pitcher Caleb Harrop didn’t ever let the Davis hitting attack get on track and earned the shutout win. The two teams are now tied for first in Region 1.
Harrop finished with a two-hitter, striking out seven while walking just two Darts.
Meanwhile, the Lancers pushed across runs in the fourth and sixth innings against Tanner Hall, who finished with a seven-hitter.
Jaden Trujillo walked to open the fourth inning, then eventually scored on Quentin Marcellin’s ground-out.
In the sixth, Parker Kincade was hit by a pitch, moved up on an error and scored on Logan Greenhalgh’s RBI double. Marcellin had a pair of hits.
In the seventh, Davis’ Jackson Peacock ripped a long double, but was left stranded, as Trujillo came in to end the game.
The second game between the two teams is Thursday at Layton.
• FREMONT 10, NORTHRIDGE 0: At Layton, the Silver Wolves picked up an easy win with a bevy of extra-base hits. Andrew Tolman homered, Garrett Gallegos and Josh Payne cracked triples and Taylon Johansen added a pair of doubles for Fremont. Brody Rich also doubled for the visiting team, as Levi Musselman earned the win on the mound. Kaden Taylor took the loss.
• SYRACUSE 6, WEBER 5: At Syracuse, Jason Jourdan earned the win as the Titans rallied for the go-ahead runs in the sixth inning.
• BONNEVILLE 9, SKY VIEW 8: At Washington Terrace, the Lakers pushed across the winning run in the bottom of the sixth and Bryson Longman drove in three runs. Kasey Cundick earned the win.
• MOUNTAIN CREST 4, BOX ELDER 3: At Hyrum, another one went to the wire as the Mustangs scored in the bottom of the seventh to prevent extra innings after the Bees scored twice to tie it in the top half of the inning.
• LOGAN 7, ROY 1: At Logan, the Grizzlies did their damage with a four-run fourth inning.
Sign up for e-mail news updates.