Author events this week at the King's English Bookshop include:
* Journalist Jeff Chu discusses his book "Does Jesus Really Love Me? A Gay Christian's Pilgrimage in Search of God in America" at 7 p.m. Monday.
* Utah author Sara Zarr reads from and signs "The Lucy Variations" at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
* British author Peter Lovesey reads from and signs "Tooth Tattoo" at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
* Utah author Maximilian Werner reads from and signs "Gravity Hill" at 7 p.m. Friday.
* Utah author and playwright David Kranes reads from and signs "The Legend's Daughter" at 4 p.m. Saturday.
These are free events at the bookshop, 1511 E. 1500 South, Salt Lake City.
* Utah author Jessica Day George reads from and signs "Wednesdays in the Tower" at 7 p.m. Thursday at City Library, 210 E. 400 South, Salt Lake City. This is a free event.
* Best-selling author Michael Pollan discusses and signs his new book "Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation" at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Rowland Hall School, 843 Lincoln St., Salt Lake City. The $30 ticket includes a copy of the book and admission for two. Tickets are available at The King's English Bookshop or online at www.kingsenglish.com/event/michael-pollan-cooked.