ST. GEORGE -- Fire investigators say an employee microwave started a small fire in the back room of a clothing store at Red Cliffs Mall in St. George over the weekend.
Six fire engines responded to the blaze at Christopher & Bank about 9:30 a.m. on Saturday after a worker reported the food was burning.
Fire Capt. Jason Whipple told The (St. George) Spectrum (http://tinyurl.com/ce8568a ) that by the time crews arrived the sprinkler system already had extinguished the flames.
He says the fire destroyed the microwave and about 12-feet of shelving with merchandise in the backroom but no one was hurt. He described the damage as mostly cosmetic.