BOUNTIFUL -- Braxton Patton mowed 'em down.
Behind Patton's strong effort on the mound, Roy shut down Bountiful with a 6-0 victory Wednesday in the one-loss bracket of the State 4-A tournament.
"First and foremost, Braxton Patton was phenomenal," coach Travis Flint said.
Patton earned a complete-game victory as a recorded eight strikeouts against just one walk. He had a no-hitter going through the first five innings.
In addition, Patton collected a pair of hits at the plate.
"Offensively, we're getting better and better every day," Flint said.
Grady Hansen went 3-for-3 and added a walk while teammate Skyler Coombs put up a productive afternoon, collecting a base hit and three walks.
The Royals twice left the bases loaded yet still managed to score six runs on 11 hits.
Defensively, Roy was perfect and did not commit an error.
That combination of pitching, flawless fielding and timely hitting was more than enough for the Royals.
Flint said he was proud of the way his team bounced back from Tuesday's loss to Salem Hills.
Roy's next game will be against Murray at Kerns High School.
"It shows a lot of character," Flint said. "I've got 11 seniors. Great kids. They want to keep playing baseball."
* SKY VIEW 5, CLEARFIELD 2: At Smithfield, the Bobcats kept alive in the one-loss bracket.
* TIMPANOGOS 5, WOODS CROSS 4: At American Fork, Josh Cowley hit a home run and Shaden Fisher had a pair of doubles for the Wildcats but it wasn't enough to top Timpanogos in the winners bracket.
* LOGAN 3 OLYMPUS 2: At Logan, the Grizzlies scored three runs in the bottom of the seventh inning to complete a comeback victory over the Titans in the one-loss bracket.
* PROVO AT MOUNTAIN CREST 2, PROVO 1: At Hyrum, the Mustangs held off Provo to advance in the one-loss bracket.
* SYRACUSE 2, AMERICAN FORK 0: At Syracuse, the Titans seem to be heating up as the 5-A playoffs jumps into high gear.
Syracuse pitchers Spencer Johnson and Jordan Cobabe teamed up on a one-hit shutout in their final game at home. The Titans scored a run in the third and one in the sixth to pick up the win.
Brandon Hammond had a double for the Titans (11-8 overall), who will now play Tuesday at 4:30 p.m. at Utah Valley University.
* LAYTON 4, PLEASANT GROVE 3 (10): At Layton, Jaden Trujillo gave the Lancers nine solid innings of pitching and teammate Logan Greenhalgh got a key out in the 10th inning to preserve Layton's postseason victory.
Catcher Moises Perea provided the game-winning run when he drew a bases-loaded walk, scoring Trujillo from third.
Led by Frank Aguilar's two-run double, the Lancers broke out to a 3-0 lead in the bottom of the second. But Pleasant Grove rallied for three runs in the top of the third and the game remained tied until the 10th.
The Pirates had a runner on second bases in the top of the 10th, but Greenhalgh notched a strikeout to end the inning.
Layton then pushed the winning run across the plate in the bottom half of the inning.
Greenhalgh picked up the win.
The Lancers improved to 17-8 on the season, and will now play Tuesday at 7 p.m. at UVU's Brown Ballpark.
* RIVERTON 3, DAVIS 2: At Riverton, just two outs away from the 5-A quarterfinals, disaster struck for the Darts in the form of a bloop single.
Davis' Tyler Hall and Riverton's Jared White battled throughout on the mound.
Riverton pushed across a run in the fifth, but Davis' Bronson Larsen ripped a homer over the left-field fence in the top of the seventh, scoring Zac Fuller ahead of him for the 2-A edge.
But Riverton loaded the bases on a single, a sacrifice bunt and a couple of walks, and White dropped a blooper down the left-field line for the tying and winning runs.
The Darts, who stranded 10 baserunners in Tuesday's win over West, left nine baserunners on Wednesday.
Connor Blaisdell and Larsen had a pair of hits for Davis.
Davis (19-6) will now play at 1:30 p.m. on Monday at Utah Valley's Brown Ballpark.
* COTTONWOOD 9, FREMONT 4: At Salt Lake City, the Colts broke a 3-3 tie with five runs in the bottom of the fifth inning to advance in the one-loss bracket.
Brody Rich doubled twice and Josh Payne also added a two-bagger for the Silver Wolves.
Cottonwood's Carter Owens earned the win.
* JORDAN 8, VIEWMONT 1: At Jordan, Colton Shaver allowed just two hits in a complete-game effort and Conner Ogden led the Beetdiggers offensively with a triple and a home run as Region 3 champion stayed alive in the one-loss bracket.