Do you know the name of Abraham's son? Do you need a scripture that will help you fight depression? Do you need a quick source of information on Pope Francis? Do you want to create your own universe?
These are just examples of what you can find answers to in religious applications available for Apple and/or Android products.
Here is an example of 15 available apps:
- Bible Videos -- This free app, produced by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, offers videos, photos, maps and interactive biblical environments. The church says the app will be updated as more videos are completed.
- Scriptionaire -- "Who Wants to be a Scriptionaire?" You can play the games based on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" for 99 cents. There are Faith Lines to help with questions you don't know about. The first level is infant up to Level 16 - Scriptionaire.
- Gospel Song Quiz: "Guess the Christian Singer" -- Fans of this genre of music rate the free app as excellent, saying it helps them to remember the various singers.
- The Catholic Popes -- If you want to study all of the 266 popes throughout history, you can download this app for 99 cents. It offers Web links to related sources of information.
- New Pope Free Trivia, Francis I -- You can learn about the new Catholic leader from the Argentine's early life and pre-papal career as well as answers to trivia questions about him.
- LDS Doctrinal Classics -- This $4.99 app offers 40 books from earlier in the history of the LDS Church, including such titles as "The Autobiography of Parley P. Pratt" and "Joseph Smith as Scientist." Some reviewers say the underlining and bookmarking features of the app are unstable.
- Doodle God -- Download the complete version for $1.99 to land your chance to create your own universe. The creators claim to have more than 85 million users. New players start with a single microorganism.
- Bible Promises -- This app ($2.99) lands high ratings for being a reference tool with modern-day topics such as depression, worry and addiction.
- LDS Temple Quiz -- See if you can identify more than 100 LDS temples around the world in this free app.
- Questions on Islam -- This free app offers many answers about the faith, with subcategories such as history, family and morals.
- The official mobile (free) app of the United Methodist Church -- You can find the nearest church in most geographical locations. There are also news updates, videos and other resources.
- LDS Counter -- Makers of this free app say it makes counting attendees at church meetings easier for ward clerks.
- Pocket Prayer Pro -- You can keep track of your prayer requests to God from $1.99. There are also sample prayers.
- LDS Hymns Sing-Along -- This $4.99 app can help your family learn 226 hymns. The app lets you follow with the lyrics and offers pictures to go along with the song.
- Sermon Toolbox -- For $1.99, you can get help for any religious lesson or sermon you need to present. There are illustrations, Bible verses, children's sermons, sermon outlines and topics.