SYRACUSE -- A 3-year-old girl was injured after a TV and dresser fell on top of her Monday morning, says Syracuse Fire Chief Eric Froerer.
The accident happened about 9:30 a.m. at about 720 W. 2525 South, Syracuse.
Officials are not sure how the accident happened but said the TV was an old "heavy tube," sitting on an old dresser. Froerer said somehow the weight shifted with the dresser, causing the TV to fall on top of the toddler.
"She received significant, substantial critical injuries," Froerer said of the girl, who was flown to Primary Children's Medical Center in Salt Lake City..
One parent was home at the time of the accident.
Froerer reminds parents and other caregivers to look at things as a child would and to eliminate hazards.
"We don't always know it is a hazard until something happens.