Ogden house fire guts kitchen
Wednesday , June 19, 2013 - 7:52 PM
Fire crews responded to 2343 Van Buren Avenue this afternoon at 1:00pm for a reported structure...
OGDEN — A fire destroyed the kitchen of a home Wednesday, displacing the home’s occupants.
A person who lives at the house was working in a shed in the backyard around 1 p.m. and saw smoke coming from the house, at 2343 Van Buren Ave., according to a news release from the Ogden City Fire Department. The person rushed inside, found the stove on fire and tried to put it out with a fire extinguisher. But the fire spread too quickly, and fire crews were called in and contained the blaze to the kitchen. According to the release, damage was estimated at $10,000.
The person at the home was treated on-scene for minor smoke inhalation, the release stated. The Red Cross is assisting the displaced occupants of the home. The fire is being investigated by the Ogden City Fire Marshal.STORY:201306190040Ogden house fire guts kitchen/Lifestyle/2013/06/19/Ogden-house-fire-guts-kitchen.html-1