ROY - A car fire quickly escalated and spread to a house, engulfing the garage in flames Wednesday night. The fire started around 10 p.m. at 6075 South and 2100 West.
Firefighters suspect the blaze started after the owner of the car finished some mechanical work and accidentally severed a fuel line, Roy Fire Chief Jason Poulsen said.
The fire spread to the garage and spewed smoke throughout the house.
After a preliminary investigation, Poulsen said no one was harmed.
The house was left uninhabitable.