Historically, Democrats have been more racist
Thursday , August 29, 2013 - 5:38 PM
I had to laugh when I read the letter of Aug. 28, “GOP full of racist ‘fuddy-duddies.” As with most of my well-meaning friends who are Democrats, facts and reason do not seem part of their decision-making process but rather emotion and the idea that everything should be equal and fair regardless of the amount of effort an individual puts into things.
In regards to the GOP being racist, a Navy chief pointed out the following:
1) It was the Democratic Party that supported slavery and the Confederacy.
Lincoln was a Republican and it was Lincoln who freed the slaves. During the Lincoln-Douglas debates it was Lincoln who called for the end of slavery and it was Douglas who wanted it to continue.
2) The KKK was founded as a militant arm of the Democratic Party.
3) The 14th Amendment was pushed through over the objections of the Democratic Party.
4) The Civil Rights Act was pushed through Congress by the Republican Party. The Democrats tried to filibuster it. The filibuster was lead by Robert Byrd and Al Gore, Sr.
5) The Democratic Party has elected members of the KKK to Congress. The aforementioned Robert Byrd was not only a recruiter for the KKK, he also rose to the position of “Exalted Cyclops” in his local chapter.
6) It was a Democratic president named Bill Clinton that made light of the KKK involvement in Democratic politics.
7) It was a Democratic governor named George Wallace who said: “In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever”
8) Martin Luther King was a registered Republican.
9) Democratic controlled cities across the land are in financial ruin.
10) It is the Democratic Party that has refused to allow people of the black race to prosper. They are the party of slavery in the past and they still enslave the blacks today!
Point your finger and three point back.
Sign-up todayfor our E-Mail Newsletters.