LAS VEGAS -- The LCA Eagles ralied from an early deficit to hand Doyle Holt his first coaching win at Layton Christian in non-league football action in Nevada.
Layton Christian defeate Mountain View Christian with a strong running game. Marquis Gibson scored on a TD run, as did Jack Chandler and Grayson Jackson. Ilari Laine added a field goal and three PATs for the Eagles (1-1).
* SOUTH SUMMIT 13, MORGAN 12: At Kamas, despite outgaining the host Wildcats by more than 150 yards, the Morgan Trojans dropped a tough battle with South Summit on the road.
Kade Carrigan rushed for two TDs but unsuccesful PATs put Morgan in a 13-12 hole in the late-going. The Trojans lined up for a late field goal to get the win, but were unable to convert.
Ben Saunders passed for 157 yards, while Carrigan added 80 yards on the ground.
* JUAB 48, BEN LOMOND 12: At Nephi, the Scots had trouble slowing down the Wasp's Nick Robins.
Robins led the Wasps with 194 yards and five touchdowns on 10 for 12 passing.
Ben Lomond got an 85-yard kick return for a score by Damonte Dexter, while Jonathan Gross passed 46 yards to Rigo Vasquez for the the other score for the Scots.
* BEAR RIVER 31, PRESTON 8: At Garland, the Bears scored in every quarter to dispatch their Idaho rival and improve to 2-0 on the young season.
* OLYMPUS 21, NORTHRIDGE 17: At Salt lake City, the Knights turned the ball over five times and let a 14-0 halftime lead slip away on the roard.
Conner Haller hauled in a 22-yard touchdown pass from Chase Manning with a 1:43 left in the game to complete the second-half comeback for Olympus.
Austin Ricks scored on a 20-yard TD jaunt to open the scoring, withle Nate Kusuda and Raven Kennedy hooked up on a TD pass before halftime. Robert Crawford added a second-half field goal for the 0-2 Knights.
* BOUNTIFUL 42, VIEWMONT 0: At Bountiful High, the Braves raced to a 35-0 halftime lead on its way to an easy victory.
Bountiful jumped out quick, with Tanner Redding, Max Latu and Houston Heimuli all scoring TDs in the first quarter.
Redding tacked on two more receiving scores in the second quarter.
* WOODS CROSS 41, JUDGE MEMORIAL 14: At Salt Lake City, Woods Cross led 21-7 lead at the half, then held on for the win against host Judge. The Bulldogs' Mark Barnett ran back a 90-yard kick return. Michael Kearns also had a 16-yard run for the second score of the game.