PLAIN CITY -- The Silver Wolves continue to shut down Region 1 soccer offenses.
The latest victim was league newcomer Viewmont, which started the game with a perfect 3-0 Region 1 mark and great expecations.
But the Fremont soccer squad was a goal better, shutting out a league opponent for the fourth straight match to win 1-0 on Thursday afternoon on its home field.
"This was a pretty good battle today," Fremont coach Teva Palmer said after the contest. "We kind of dominated the first half, while Viewmont came out with better intensity in the second half."
After a scoreless first half, the Silver Wolves got the game's only goal in the 60th minute when Hannah Loftus moved the ball across the 18-yard area and snaked a nifty shot over the Viewmont goalkeeper's head.
Palmer said Fremont kept the momentum after the goal, but as the clock wound down, Viewmont turned up the intensity and put plenty of pressure on the Wolves.
But Fremont's defense, led by Riley Porter and Kelsey Andersen, kept the back line organized, and keeper Alexis Burnett made several big saves to keep the Vikings off the scoreboard.
Fremont has outscored its Region 1 opponents 10-0 to start the season.
"We knew this was a big region battle. We have good support too, from the fans and our volleyball team," Palmer said.
Fremont is now 4-0-0 in league play, 6-2-0 overall.
The Silver Wolves will complete the first half of region play with contests at home versus Davis and at Layton.
Viewmont fell to 3-1-0, 6-2-0 overall.
* DAVIS 4, WEBER 3: At Kaysville, the Darts led 3-1 at halftime but had to hang on for the one-goal victory over the Warriors.
Madi Garlock scored a pair of goals, while Ireland Dunn and Regyn Youngberg scored solo goals.
* LAYTON 4, SYRACUSE 1: At Layton, the Lancers earned a much-needed home win.
Lvia Borges, Kenzie Humphreys, Hali Lynn and Katie Wood each scored for Layton.
McKenna Embley was the winning goalkeeper.
* BONNEVILLE 2, OGDEN 1: At Washington Terrace, the Lakers used a late goal to separate themselves from the Tigers and secure the league win.
With five minutes left in regulation, Ellee Hall scored the game-winner on an assist from Maren McDaniel to give Bonneville the win.
"We felt we played much better in the second half after Ogden had a strong first half," Bonneville coach Rob McDaniel said. "This is always a good game. They are one of our rivals whether they are in our region or not."
Bonneville's Tobin Niebrugge opened the scoring on a corner kick, while Ogden's Kiley Porter tied things up a short time later.
"Tobin, as one of our defensive midfielders, just goes like crazy. She hustles the entire game," McDaniel said.
* BOX ELDER 3, ROY 2: At Brigham City, the Bees picked up a solid home victory.
Sydney Uyematsu recorded the hat trick for Box Elder.
Taryn Davies and Rhyan Tafoya scored for the Royals.
In the other league game, Sky View topped Logan 1-0.
* CLEARFIELD 2, HIGHLAND 1: At Clearfield, the Falcons won a nip-and-tuck battle with the Rams and stayed just a game behind Bountiful in the tight Region 6 race.
Brinley Adams and Amaris Nunez scored a goal each for Clearfield, 4-1-0 in league play, 6-1-0 overall.
In other Region 6 games, Bountiful defeated Cyprus 8-0, while East whipped Woods Cross 5-1.
* ROWLAND HALL-St. Mark's 4, LAYTON CHRISTIAN 0: At Salt Lake City, Rowland Hall found the back of the net twice in each half to pick up the league win over Layton Christian.
The Eagles are 1-2-0 overall.
* St. Joseph def. Waterford 25-13, 25-11, 25-9: At Sandy, the Jayhawks' Britt Sederholm and Jessica Bischoff combined for 26 kills, nine digs and three aces for state 1-A runner-up St. Joseph (11-0 overall).
* Ben Lomond def. Rowland Hall-St. Mark's 25-21, 23-25, 25-22, 22-25, 15-12: At Salt Lake City, the Scots (2-10) secured a road breakthrough.