Make sure your family knows about carbon monoxide danger
Friday , September 13, 2013 - 9:53 AM
Carbon monoxide detector...
SOUTH OGDEN — With cooler weather upon us, the South Ogden Fire Department wants to remind the public to be aware of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Carbon monoxide is tasteless, odorless and colorless. Because its weight or vapor density is approximately the same as air, it can penetrate every portion of a structure the same as air does.
Idling cars, portable generators, furnaces, charcoal grills and even lawnmowers have resulted in fatal CO exposures.
Early symptoms of poisoning include headache, nausea, fatigue and general illness. If you suspect someone has been poisoned, get them into fresh air immediately and call 911.STORY:201309130030Make sure your family knows about carbon monoxide danger/frontpage/2013/09/13/Make-sure-your-family-knows-about-carbon-monoxide-danger.html-1