Keith Joseph Chamberlain

Wednesday , September 25, 2013 - 5:22 PM

Obituaries, Standard-Examiner Staff

Keith Joseph Chamberlain, 80 of Emmett, Idaho, passed away Sunday, September 22, 2013 at his home near Emmett, Idaho.

Visitation will be held from 6 until 8 p.m. on Thursday at the Potter Funeral Chapel in Emmett.

Funeral services will be conducted at 2 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 27th at the Letha LDS Church.

Graveside services with Military Honors will be held at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 28th at the Ben Lomond Cemetery in Ogden, Utah.

Keith was born to Lester and Alice Chamberlain on May 25, 1933 in Ogden, Utah, where he grew up and graduated from Weber High School in 1951 and soon after joined the Navy.

In 1954 he married Marilyn Norris, they had two children and were later divorced.

He married Florence Lamond in 1974 and adopted her three children.

In 1976 he retired from the Navy as a Master Chief Petty Officer from the Office of The Joint Chiefs of Staff.

He moved to Nampa and worked for the Union Pacific Railroad, later moving to Hammett, Idaho where he farmed and owned a trucking company, until moving to Emmett in 2002.

He is survived by five children, Joseph Keith Chamberlain of Emmett, Pam Middlemiss of North Carolina, Phyllis Rice of Alaska, Raymond Chamberlain of North Carolina and LaVon Dresen of Emmett; six grandchildren, Destiny, Valerie, Brittany, Jacquelyn, Alicia and Keith; two great grandchildren, Lori and Thomas; a sister, Lavon Layman and a brother, William Chamberlain and numerous nieces and nephews.

In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by a brother, Glen and a sister, Joan.

Loading…
Get the Standard-Examiner Advantage.

Popular Stories