PLAIN CITY -- Fremont High responded to its first league soccer loss earlier in the week with an impressive 3-0 victory over rival Weber on Thursday afternoon to highligh girls soccer action.
Mariah Elmer scored a pair and Felicia Terry added a goal for the Silver Wolves (8-1-0 league, 10-3-0 overall).
"Our girls responded with a real good practice on Wednesday and a lot of hustle today," Fremont assistant coach Fred Smith said. "And Weber played so well. They're the best 1-win team (in league play) in history. This region is so tough."
Terry got the scoring started, and Elmer made it 2-0 just before halftime. After the break, Elmer headed home a long entry pass from Cammi Hunter to round out the scoring.
Alexis Burnett earned the shutout for Fremont.
Weber dropped to 1-6-1 in league, 4-7-1 overall.
* VIEWMONT 2, LAYTON 1: At Layton, the Lancers were valiant but fell to the league co-leaders at home.
Abbie Flandro and Montana Tanner had goals for Viewmont (8-10, 10-2-0). Layton fell to 1-7-0, 2-7-0.
* NORTHRIDGE 2, SYRACUSE 1: At Layton, Nicole Schulter and Tawnie Fitzgerald each had goals for the Knights (6-3-0, 11-4-0). Syracuse dropped to 0-8-1, 1-10-1.1-1 half
* ROY 3, BONNEVILLE 1: At Washington Terrace, with the score tied 1-1 at the break, the Royals' Taryn Davies dropped in a pair of goals to boost Roy to the needed league win.
Ellee Hall scored early for the Lakers (4-5-1 league, 6-6-2 overall). Despited numerous chances, Bonneville was unable to add to that goal.
The Royals are now 2-6-1 in region action, 5-7-1 overall.
In the other Region 5 game, Logan and Mountain Crest battled into overtime before the Grizzlies scored in the 99th minute to improve to 8-1-0 in league play, 10-3-0 overall. Becca Godfrey had both Logan goals.
Mountain Crest fell to 6-3-1, 9-4-1.
* EAST 2, CLEARFIELD 1: At Salt Lake City, the Leopards tightened the region standings with two first-half goals.
Emma Earl and Anna Papadopolous scored for East.
Afton Barlow scored for Clearfield, 8-3-0 in league action, 10-3-0 overall.
In other Region 6 battles, Bountiful topped Judge Memorial 2-0, and Woods Cross whipped Cyprus 8-0.
* MORGAN 6, UINTAH 1: At Vernal, the Trojans gave up five first-half goals.
Morgan is 1-4-0 in league play, 3-10-0 overall.
* BEN LOMOND 8, TOOELE 3: At Tooele, the teams scored 11 goals, all after halftime in the Scots' easy win.
Baylee Roche accounted for five Ben Lomond goals, while Kali Moss added two scores and Bronte Blanchard had the final goal. Ben Lomond is 5-0-0 in region play, 10-3-0 overall.
* ROWLAND HALL 3, ST. JOSEPH 1: At Ogden, the Jayhawks dropped a key league battle.
Kalli Kashiwaeda scored for St. Joseph (2-3-0 league, 3-6-1 overall.