OGDEN -- A family was displaced Thursday evening after a fire began inside their basement and rendered their home temporarily uninhabitable.
Ogden firefighters were dispatched around 4:45 p.m. to a home near 26th Street and Lincoln Avenue after reports of smoke coming from the single-family residence.
Crews found the heavy smoke originating from the basement, Ogden Deputy Chief Eric Bauman said. The occupants got out of the home uninjured.
Firefighters extinguished the flames and began ventilating the smoke from the house.
Damage was estimated around $5,000, Bauman said.
Investigators are still detirmining how the fire started.