OGDEN -- A single sprinkler head stopped a fire from spreading early Wednesday morning.
Ogden Fire Department was called out at 2:02 a.m. to Archway Youth Services, 2660 Lincoln Ave.
The fire involved a double dryer with one chamber involved. It had spread to several of the ceiling tiles before being confined by water from a single sprinkler head.
Eight residents and two staff members were evacuated. They stayed inside an ambulance and personal vehicle for an hour to keep warm while firefighters were on the scene.
There were 14 firefighters, two ladder trucks, one engine, one battalion chief, one ambulance and one paramedic rescue team at the scene.
The fire damaged the laundry room, causing about $20,000 in estimated damages.