LAYTON -- Close games highlighted the opening night of the Top of Utah Challenge at Northridge High School.
Knights coach Chad Sims predicts more of the same tonight and Friday as the six-team classic resumes at 4:45 p.m.
Woods Cross topped Box Elder 73-67 in the opening game of the Challenge on Wednesday afternoon.
Wasatch outscored Weber 71-66 in a shootout, followed by host Northridge's heart-stopping 64-59 victory over Bonneville in the nightcap.
"We did some good things," Sims said after his Knights rallied from a 31-26 deficit at the half. "We kind of pulled away at the end, but Bonneville played a good game."
Jake Bigler hit three 3-pointers and finished with 21 points for Northridge. Jace Colby added 14 points and 12 boards, while Dayan Lake added 13 points.
Sims praised his entire lineup for focusing on rebounding and defense as the game wore on.
"We made some shots and played better defense and got the rebounds when we needed them," Sims added.
One stat he wasn't pleased with: The Knights went 12 of 29 at the foul line.
Tyler Heaton ripped the nets for 30 points -- drilling six 3-pointers, with Tanner Buckway added 7 in a losing cause for the Lakers.
In today's action, Box Elder will take on Weber at 4:45 p.m., followed by the Bonneville-Wasatch game at 6:30 p.m. Host Northridge will take on Woods Cross at 8:15 p.m.
* WASATCH 71, WEBER 66: At Northridge High, the Warriors fell behind 20-10 after one quarter, but rallied to within 35-29 at the break.
Weber made several runs at Wasatch but could not overcome them.
*DAVIS 54, BRIGHTON 50: At Salt Lake City, the Darts picked up their first win of the young season with a strong fourth-period surge to beat the host Bengals.
The score was tied 36-all after three quarters.
Elijah Kletzli scored 16 points, Jesse Wade added 11 and Abel Porter checked in with 10 points and 12 rebounds for Davis.
Osa Masina led Davis Brighton with 22 points.
* VIEWMONT 60, HIGHLAND 54: At Bountiful, McKay Johnson had a double-double of 26 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Vikings in the win over Highland.
Austin Johnson added 13 points for Viewmont.
* LOGAN 71, HUNTER 45: At West Valley City, the visiting Grizzlies continued the hot start to their season with a big second- and third-quarter outburst.
Tyler Brimhall scored 15 points to pace Logan, which outscored Hunter 37-15 in the middle two periods. Three other Grizzlies scored in double figures.
* VIEWMONT 70, WOODS CROSS 28: At Woods Cross, the Vikings earned the road victory with a strong start to the contest.
Caitlyn Larsen tallied 21 points and Katie Toole added 19 as Viewmont pushed out to a 44-11 lead after two quarters. Collette West added 11 points and Kauri Tye added 10 points.
Aubree Riddle led Woods Cross with 11 points.
* COACHES REMINDER: Varsity coaches are encouraged to report the results of their games as soon as possible by calling 801-625-4261 or 801-625-4264.