Kitchen fire damages Ogden home
Friday , February 14, 2014 - 9:40 AM
Emergency light on vehicle...
OGDEN — A kitchen grease fire caused $1,500 to an Ogden home and firefighters credited the quick use of an extinguisher by the homeowners for stopping the blaze.
Fifteen firefighters from the Ogden Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 6:06 p.m. Thursday at 2688 Shamrock Drive. Crews arrived to find the remains of a small fire in the kitchen of the single-family home. The fire appeared to have started in a pan of grease on the stove.
Fortunately, the occupants had a fire extinguisher in the home and had extinguished the fire prior to fire department arrival, a press release said. Fire crews ventilated smoke from the home. Occupants were allowed to return and are not displaced as a result of the fire.
Firefighters said it was a great example of the importance of having fire extinguishers in the home.
No one was injured.STORY:201402140056Kitchen fire damages Ogden home/Local/2014/02/14/Kitchen-fire-damages-Ogden-home.html-1