OGDEN -- By a 4-3 vote, the city council Tuesday night approved the expenditure of $3.3 million in Business Depot Ogden lease revenues for a variety of projects.
Some of the projects include:
* Demolition of vacant homes in the Ogden River project area.
* Establishing a Tenant Improvement Loan Fund to attract retail business downtown.
* Appropriating funds provided by the Weber Area Council of Governments for the trolley-style bus downtown circulator project.
* Resurfacing of the tennis courts at Mount Ogden and Mount Eyrie parks.
* Lorin Farr Pool repairs and the addition of a new slide.
* Roof repairs and implementation of energy-efficient practices at Union Station.
* Striping of additional bike lanes.
Council members Susie Van Hooser, Amy Wicks and Bart Blair were the only individuals to vote against the appropriation. Van Hooser and Wicks said they have difficulty in using taxpayer funds to subsidize the Tenant Improvement Loan Fund. Blair did not give a reason for his nay vote.