Carbon monoxide blamed in death of Utah woman

Mar 21 2011 - 7:50am

SALT LAKE CITY -- Authorities in St. George say an elderly woman has died and two of her siblings are hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Fire Capt. Jason Whipple told the Deseret News that the woman, a sister and a brother were found at their home Sunday by a member of their church who had gone to check on them. He says all three victims were in their 80s.

Authorities say a car left running in the home's closed garage was the source of the carbon monoxide.

Whipple says "it looked like it was accidental."

___

Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com

From Around the Web

  +