NORTH SALT LAKE -- Safety crews are trying to learn how 25 people got sick at work on Tuesday morning.
Jeff Bassett, South Davis Metro Fire deputy fire chief, said that ambulances were called to Lexington Law Firm, located at 360 North Cutler Drive, because a couple of employees were feeling sick. However, after the ambulances arrived, more people became sick and a Hazmat team was called to go through the building after it was evacuated.
"They suited up and went through the whole building with numerous types of detectors that can detect any type of chemical or gasoline, and nothing came up," Bassett said.
Nine of those who were feeling sick were taken to Lakeview Hospital in Bountiful. Those sick were complaining of dizziness, light-headedness and nausea, the typical flu-like symptoms.
"Right now the hospital is giving us feedback that they are not finding anything with the patients," Bassett said. "They've done blood work and found no carbon monoxide poisoning, nothing out of the ordinary that would cause a mass sickness."
Officials from Questar Gas checked out the building and did not find a gas leak, Bassett said.
Other investigators checked the heating and air conditioning systems and could not find any leaks there either, Bassett said.
Bassett said crews will stay on scene to keep investigating.