Flappers kick it up in 'Millie'
PLAIN CITY -- A small-town girl finds way too much excitement in "Thoroughly Modern Millie," a playful musical opening today at Fremont High School.
The show will be presented at 7 p.m. today, Saturday, Monday, and Nov. 19 and 20 at the school, 1900 N. 4700 West. Tickets are $7, $5 for students and children. Monday is family night, with a $20 per family deal. Tickets are available at the door.
Von Trapps head for hills in Roy
ROY -- Roy is alive with "The Sound of Music" -- or it will be, starting Thursday night.
Roy High School will present the popular musical, about a governess turned stepmother in World War II Austria.
Shows are at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 19 and 22, and 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Nov. 20 at the school, 2150 W. 4800 South. Tickets are $7 to $14, with discounts for students and seniors. Call 866-967-8167 for information.
Tales to be told at celebration
WELLSVILLE -- Gather 'round for an evening of stories at StorySwap on Nov. 19.
A variety of tellers from all over Utah will take the stage beginning at 7 p.m. at the American West Heritage Center, 4025 S. U.S. 89-91.
The concert is part of a two-day storytelling event hosted by the Bridgerland Chapter of the Utah Storytelling Guild. The concert is also Utah's "Tellabration!" event, an annual celebration in which folks all over the world tell stories on the same night.
StorySwap continues Nov. 20 with different storytelling mini-concerts for all ages and workshops for storytellers.
* 10 a.m.: "Animal Stories" and "Making Our Characters Come Alive"
* 11 a.m.: "A Plethora of Puppets"
* 1 p.m.: "Stories About Myself: Personal Stories on Parade" and "Meet Eliza R. Snow," a session about creating a first-person performance based on a real or mythical person.
* 2 p.m.: "Stories About Science and Innovation"
* 3 p.m.: "Similes That Make You Smile; Metaphors That Make You Merry" and "Anything Goes!" -- stories about anything at all.
Admission to all events is free.
For a complete schedule, visit www.utstoryswap.org.