Marcus maintains a daily presence with his fans, thanks to social media.
"My goal is that everyone that enjoyed my show, I don't want them to forget it and I want them to tell their friends," Marcus said. "For me, Facebook and Twitter are like little comedy shows every day, all day."
Several times a day, he posts non sequiturs, one-liners, a small play on words. They are not jokes that are in his stage show -- unless they become a hit.
"It's a really good gauge," Marcus said.
Here is a little flavor of what his fans get:
* "If the guy sitting across from me is not the drummer for Winger, then he has no excuse for his hair. Or sunglasses. Or jacket. Or regret."
* "You don't learn more things as you get older, you just learn that you hate more things."
* "Seeing as how there is only one, the name Common isn't a very common name for rappers."
* "When whoever created life came up with the idea for leg joints, that was quite an epiphaknee."
* "MySpace is like religion. Millions of people still belong, although with all the other better options, no one really knows why."
* "The motel I just arrived at looks like it does a great 'Winter's Bone' impression."
Marcus can be found online at www.facebook.com/comedianmarcus and twitter.com/comedianmarcus.